Day 1: Arrival in Kathmandu Check Into hotel.
You will be warmly welcomed at the airport by our office representative and then you will transfered to hotel.
- Airport pick up and hotel transfer
- Rest of the day is free at leisure
- Overnight stay at your hotel in Kathmandu
Day 2: Trek preparation and Kathmandu Sightseeing.
Our staff will give brief explanation about the program and you will visit cultural heritages, which includes some of the famous world heritages sites like, Swyambhunath, Kathmandu Durbar Square, etc.
- Hotel breakfast
- Pick up by our team and head to our office for your trek briefing and preparation
- Afternoon sightseeing in Kathmandu
- Kathmandu Durbar Square
- Swayambunath Monkey Temple
- Drop of at your hotel
- Overnight in Kathmandu
Day 3: Drive from Kathmandu to Shivalaya by bus (1767m/5350ft)- 8 hours
Drive from Kathmandu to Shivalaya by bus (1767m/5350ft)- 8 hours
Day 4: Shivalaya to Bhandar(2194m/ 6507ft)-5:30 hours
Shivalaya to Bhandar(2194m/ 6507ft)-5:30 hours
Day 5: Bhandar to Sete(2573m/ 7791ft)-6 hours
Bhandar to Sete(2573m/ 7791ft)-6 hours
Day 6: Sete to Junbensi(2675m/ 8099ft)-6 hours
Sete to Junbensi(2675m/ 8099ft)-6 hours
Day 7: Junbensi to Taksindo(2971m/ 8996)-5 hours
Junbensi to Taksindo(2971m/ 8996)-5 hours
Day 8: Taksindo to Khari khola (2050m/ 6207ft)-5:30 hours
Taksindo to Khari khola (2050m/ 6207ft)-5:30 hours
Day 9: Khari Khola to Payu(2939m/ 8899ft)- 6 hours
Khari Khola to Payu(2939m/ 8899ft)- 6 hours
Day 10: Payu to Phakding (2610mtrs/8563ft)-5 hours.
Payu to Phakding (2610mtrs/8563ft)-5 hours
Day 11: Phakding to Namche Bazaar(3440m/11286ft)- 5:30 hours
Phakding to Namche Bazaar(3440m/11286ft). We continue our trek heading towards Namche Bazaar, which is at an altitude of 3535m.
Day 12: Namche Bazaar(3440m/11286ft)-5 hours.
- Namche Bazaar(3440m/11286ft).
- Known as the gateway to Everest.
- We will spend that day in Namche Bazar in order to acclimatise and adjust to the thinning air.
- As well as a short trek there is a museum celebrating the traditional customs of the Sherpa people to visit.
- More importantly, from here you will get the first proper glimpse of Everest and the surrounding mountains, the day allows time to observe and reflect the journey ahead.
Day 13: Namche Bazaar to Tengboche(3860m/12664ft)-5:30 hours
- Namche Bazaar to Tengboche(3860m/12664ft) We trek to an altitude of 3850m today.
- On reaching Tengboche your guide will tell you about the local monastery situated here.
- The group will be taken to observe the prayer ceremony either in the evening or morning depending on how the day's trekking went.
Day 14: Tengboche to Dingboche(4410m/14468ft) -5:30 hours
Tengboche to Dingboche(4410m/14468ft) Our trek continues to climb as we head to the altitude of 4310m taking our time so not to be affected by the thinning air.-5:30 hours
Day 15: Dingboche(4410m/14468ft)-5 hours
- Our second acclimatisation day includes a visit to the nearby Chhukung Valley where the group will be taken to Chhukung Ri (5546m).
- This point offers fantastic views of the fifth highest mountain Makalu.
- After appreciating the surrounding scenery we trek back to our camp in Dingboche, relaxing in the evening.
Day 16: Dingboche to Lobuje(4910m/16108ft)-5:30 hours
- Dingboche to Lobuje(4910m/16108ft).
- Today our trek climbs to 4910m.-5:30 hours
Day 17: Lobuje to Everest Base Camp(5363m/17595ft)-7 hours
- Lobuje to Everest Base Camp(5363m/17595ft) and back to Gorak Shep.
- Leaving camp early we trek up to the Base Camp where many explorers have begun their attempts at scaling the world's highest mountain.
- After absorbing the achievement of reaching this point and taking photographic evidence we descend back to Gorak Shep where we overnight.
Day 18: Hiking up Kalapathar(5545m/18192ft) and overnight at Zongla (4710m/15453ft)-6 hours
- Hiking up Kalapathar(5545m/18192ft) and overnight at Zongla (4710m/15453ft).
- From our base at Gorak Shep we continue to climb this time hiking up Kalapathar.
- Leaving as early as possible to take advantage of the morning light, the panoramic views of Everest and the surrounding mountains, as we reach our destination of the Kalapathar viewpoint.
- Following this we descend to Zongla (4710m).
Day 19: Zongla to Thagna(4500m/14764ft) via the Chola-la cross(5420m/17782ft)-5:30 hours
- Zongla to Thagna(4500m/14764ft) via the Chola-la cross(5420m/17782ft).
- We begin the day by climbing to Chola-la (5483m) crossing over and descending once more to Thagna (4500m).-5:30 hours
Day 20: Trek to our final destination, Gokyo(4790m/15715ft)
Trek to Gokyo(4790m/15715ft). Today takes the trek to our final destination, Gokyo (4790m).
Day 21: Gokyo to Gokyo peak(5410m/17749ft)
- Gokyo to Gokyo peak(5410m/17749ft).
- Our day begins with a steep climb to the top of Gokyo Ri (5483m).
- Despite the early start all those who attempt this will be rewarded with some of the most spectacular views.
- Overlooking the Gokyo valley, the massive Ngozumpa Glacier and taking in the panoramic views of the whole Khumbu Himalayas.
- See the giants Everest, Lhotse, Nuptse, Makalu (8481m), Cho-oyu (8153m) and Gychung Kang (7922m).
- Take time to enjoy the views or for the more adventurous explore the glacier and Gokyo peak before returning to the camp fternoon.
Day 22: Trek To Dole from Gokyo ((4210m/13812ft)
- Trek To Dole from Gokyo ((4210m/13812ft).
- Leaving the mountains behind us our descent takes us through.
Day 23: Continuing back to the town of Namche Bazaar (3440m)
Continuing back to the town of Namche Bazaar (3440m).
Day 24: Namche Bazaar to Phakding(2610m/8563ft) -4 hours
Namche Bazaar to Phakding(2610m/8563ft). Continuing our descent we overnight in Phakding. -4 hours
Day 25: Phakding to Lukla(2840m/9318ft)
- Phakding to Lukla(2840m/9318ft).
- Finally we return to Lukla where the trek began what seems a lifetime ago.
- Enjoying time to reflect on the trek as a group and the personal achievement of all those who took part.
Day 26: Lukla to Kathmandu, 7:30 am and takes -35 minutes.
- Lukla to Kathmandu, after breakfast.
- We will walk about 5 minutes to airport to catch our return flight to Kathmandu. The planes leave at 7:30 am and takes -35 minutes.
Day 27: Departure Flight Back to Say Goodbye and good and safe journey.
- You are saying good bye to the mountains as your journey in Nepal comes to an end today!
- We hope you enjoyed the tour with us, and are sure you`ll be back in your trip somewhere in the Himalaya again.
- Approximately 3 hours before your scheduled flight a representative from Touch The Himalayan will transfer you to the airport.
- On your way home you'll have plenty of time to plan your next adventure in the wonderful country of Nepal.